Healthy.io’s digital smartphone urinalysis is a long-term solution to enable remote urinalysis, supporting primary and secondary health services to care for patients at home.
With more than 100,000 uses globally, the kits are used already by 11 NHS partners to support primary and secondary care including for example in renal, maternity, UTI, primary care and diabetes pathways. Costs equate to those of delivering urine testing in a clinical setting and when embedded into clinical pathways, there is significant evidence of cost savings e.g. in reducing outpatient footfall or improving early identification of clinical issues.
Dip.io enables patients to undertake their tests in the comfort of their own homes, prevent unnecessary travel to high-risk clinical settings, reduce demand pressures across clinical settings, including outpatient appointments, primary care and pathology lab testing.
The solution is a scalable, safe and high-quality digital urine testing service with high patient usability (99.5%) that electronically returns clinical grade results to the ordering clinician in real time. This means:
– Clinicians simply order a urine dipstick test online (3 types of test available: 10-parameter dipstick, UTI only [3 parameters] or Albumin to Creatinine Ratio [ACR]) online.
– The kit is delivered to the patient either same day within 3 hours (in Greater London only), next day, or at a planned date in time for the outpatient or primary care appointment
– The patients is supported to access the smartphone app, complete the test and followed up through our own dedicated call centre, if appropriate
– Real-time results can be viewed by the clinician through a dedicated web portal (with rapid integration into EMRs if required enabling the test to be integrated seamlessly into workflow)
– Where required, initiation of the test can include online clinical consultation and prescription